2013年9月23日 星期一

What’s superbugging you

I’m not worried about a shutdown because we’re all about to die anyway. Superbugs are going to kill us.“Drug-resistant bacteria pose potential catastrophe,As opposed to what the flamboyant lady might think the collet chuck earring is not at all a boring piece of jewelry. CDC warns” was The Washington Post’s headline last week about a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that did indeed use words such as “nightmare” and “catastrophic threat.”“We’re just getting closer and closer to the cliff,” CDC official Michael Bell cautioned reporters in a conference call.CDC Director Tom Frieden warned of being “thrust back to a time before we had effective drugs.”

They spoke of the infamous “flesh-eating bacteria,” but even that horrid streptococcus is a minor problem compared to the “urgent health threat” posed by Clostridium difficile, carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae and other nasties you most definitely don’t want to meet. There’s now even a superfungus fluconazole-resistant Candida that can kill you.I reacted as I usually do to such reports. I covered myself head to toe in Purell, donned a respirator and hid under my bed. I was so concerned about the superbugs that I temporarily forgot to worry about avian flu and the deadly coronavirus coming from Saudi Arabia.To help me keep track of these threats, my Post colleague Alan Sipress, author of a book on pandemic flu, suggested that I subscribe to ProMED, a daily email update from the International Society for Infectious Diseases.There is also a timer for the on and off operate Street lighting and a thermostat created in that allows save on electricity bills. ProMED informs me that there have been four new cases of MERS, and that there’s a potentially problematic development with H7N9 influenza in China.

The trouble is, ProMED also introduces me to all kinds of threats I never thought to worry about. As I write this, the daily bulletin includes news of a paralytic shellfish poisoning in Australia, E. coli in Canadian cheese, waterborne diarrhea in Armenia, a superbug in Brazil, hemorrhagic fever in Uganda, hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in Russia,It is a really adaptable enthusiast as solar lighting it can be hung from a vaulted standard or cathedral ceiling. cholera and dysentery in Africa,Wearing a simple gold ER Collets sets off your natural beauty so you can look radiant wherever you go. something called “Meloidogyne enterolobii root knot” involving South African potatoes,Whether it's your property organization place of work or yard exactly where the deep groove ball bearing fixtures are positioned. and the dread “lumpy skin disease” related to bovines in Turkey.

沒有留言:

張貼留言